Friday, January 14, 2011

keep calm and redecorate....

i have been terrible about blogging. it took a bunch of phone calls from people telling me that they were sick of seeing my NOVEMBER post for me to get motivated. i resolve to be better about this, i promise!

we had a great christmas, fun new years and i had even more fun taking all the lights and decorations down. i was over looking at all of it and was ready to say goodbye to the garland and such! i had even more fun re-decorating my house. i was watching something on tv about ina garten's house and went into a deep depression (well, not really but i did want to bomb my house). i decided all the color in my house, meaning deep indigo blues and lime greens, had to GO. i was ready to start 2011 off calmer, more streamlined and much more restful. so i got cracking....my painter came, my slipcover lady came, my bright pillows went, my accessories were picked through and it was very fun!

here are some inspiration photos for my new look and i plan to post the before and afters this weekend...hope you like this restful, calm look as much as i do!













the chair that started it all.....INA'S







No comments:

Post a Comment